Is your dog’s bed leaving a foul smell behind? Wash your dog’s bed in the washing machine to give your dog a healthy and relaxed environment.
We all know the feeling of coming home from a long day at work and being greeted by your dog with an oozing slobber face. Even worse is when he jumps up on you, leaving behind a wet, smelly mess on his bed that can take hours to clean off.
It’s important for us to keep our dogs happy and healthy. So we should do what we can to keep them smelling fresh! In this blog post, I will provide some tips on how to wash a smelly dog bed in the washing machines.
Can You Wash a Dog Bed In The Washing Machine?
Yes, you can clean your dog’s bed in the washing machine. Make sure that you use a good quality detergent or soap to wash it with. You should check this regularly so it does not get ruined by water damage.
For best results, wash the dog bed separately from other items of clothing and fabric so you do not cause any type of damage to your clothing.
Why You Should Wash Dog Bed More Often?
Dogs are known as “man’s best friend” for a reason. They are loyal, always happy to see you, and always eager to please.
However, dogs can also be messy creatures. One of the most common messes they make is by getting dirt and mud on their bed. If you’re not washing your dog’s bed regularly, all that dirt and mud can start to build up and become a breeding ground for bacteria. This can lead to a number of problems, such as skin irritation or even infection.
So if you want to keep your dog healthy and happy, it’s important to wash their bed often.
Another Reason To Wash Dog Bed In The Washing Machine
Is your furry friend’s bed leaving a bad odor behind? Did you know that this is usually caused by urine or fecal matter trapped in the fibers of the fabric of your dog bed?
This is especially common if the pet has been sick, but it could also happen from accidents. The best way to prevent this from happening is to wash the dog bed regularly with a good detergent in the washing machine.
How to Wash a Dog Bed With Stuffing And A Removable Cover
If you have a dog bed with stuffing, it is a little more difficult to clean. You will need to remove the stuffing from the bed cover and wash it in the washing machine. This will ensure that it is clean and free of any bad smells.
- First, remove the cover and separate the stuffing.
- Now put the stuffing into a pillowcase and tie the ends shut. This will help keep the stuffing together while it’s being washed.
- Next, place the pillowcase into the washing machine and wash it in cold water with a mild detergent.
- If there are other items that need to be washed, add them to the load as well.
- Dry the stuffing by either letting it air dry or fluffing it in a dryer on low heat for 5-10 minutes until slightly damp.
- Then, put the stuffing back into your dog’s bed cover.
- Let it sit for about 2 hours before allowing your dog to use the bed again.
How To Wash Dog’s Beds With Non-Removable Cover
If your dog’s bed does not have a removable cover, you can still wash it in the washing machine. However, you will need to take extra care when doing so.
- First, try to remove as much of the excess dirt and mud as possible. You can do it by hand or use a brush or a vacuum cleaner.
- Then, put the bed in the washing machine and use a gentle cycle. Be sure to wash it at a slightly high temperature and a mild detergent to kill germs.
- Do not use bleach, as this can damage the fabric of the dog bed.
- Finally, dry the dog bed in the dryer on a low setting.
- Dry the dog bed completely before putting it back in your dog’s room.
Tips To Wash Your Dog’s Bed In The Washing Machine:
- Be sure to check the label on your dog’s bed to see if it is machine-washable.
- If it is, use a gentle cycle and mild hot water with a mild detergent.
- Do not use bleach, as this can damage the fabric of the bed.
- Dry the bed completely before putting it back in your dog’s room.
- If the bed cannot be washed, consider washing the cover by hand or by placing it in a front-loading washer.
How Often Should You Clean Your Dog’s Bed? Ready.
Ideally, you should wash your dog’s bed at least once per week. This will ensure that all of the bacteria and dirt are removed from it so that your dog does not transfer this to his coat or skin. We all know how quickly pet hair can tangle together!
There are other factors that matter in how often you should wash your dog’s bed. For example, if your dog has been sick or had an accident in his bed, you might want to wash it more often. You can also wash the bed every few days if you have a very active pet that plays in his bed all of the time!
Can I wash my dog's bed in the washing machine?
Yes, you can wash a dog bed in a washing machine. It does not matter it has a removable cover or not. Always see the label of your dog's bed for detailed instructions
Can I wash my dog's bed with a commercial front-loading washer?
Yes, you can wash a dog bed with stuffing in a commercial front-loading washing machine.
How do you wash a dog bed without a washing machine?
If you do not have a washing machine, you can try to wash the dog bed cover by hand. If the cover is removable, take it off and place it in a bathtub or sink filled with warm water and a mild detergent. Gently scrub the cover with your hands and then rinse it clean. Allow the cover to air dry.
Can you wash the inside of a dog bed?
Yes, you can wash the inside of a dog bed if it is removable. Take the insides out and place them in a pillowcase or tie-shut laundry bag. Put that into your washing machine with other items that need to be washed and then follow the instructions above.
There is no reason why your dog’s bed should smell bad and be unsafe for them to use. Make sure you wash their bed regularly in the washing machine so you will not have any problems.
If you follow these simple tips about washing your dog’s bed in the washing machine, your dog will be happy, healthy, and smelling great!